Beeswax is one of the most underestimated ingredients in the skincare market. We see it often, but many consumers and skincare companies alike don't know that beeswax is a powerful, multi-purpose skincare ingredient.
The benefits of beeswax for skin range from collagen production to soothing acne. Beeswax is ideal to incorporate into face and body products to hydrate the skin and reinforce skin's natural moisture barrier, helping to create healthy, more youthful looking skin.
BEESWAX USES IN NATURAL SKINCARE
Beeswax has been in use for countless years due to its true utility and flexibility in beauty. It truly has so many uses in skincare, aside from just keeping lips smooth! A few ways it can be used in skincare products:
Thickening agent. Using natural beeswax in skincare products will thicken the product and make it more durable. The thickness achieved by using beeswax in creams and balms gives the skincare product texture. Without beeswax, many products would be too thin and watery to remain on the skin.
Protective barrier. Beeswax forms a protective barrier against environmental stressors that contribute to formation of free radicals (which are a main cause of skin damage). Adding beeswax to your skincare product will also lock in moisture and prevent your skin from drying out.
Fragrance. Natural and organic skincare products use natural fragrances in their products, beeswax is one of those fragrances. The natural honey smell from beeswax adds a healthy dash of fragrance to moisturizing creams and face balms.
Humectant. Natural beeswax attracts water molecules, keeps your skin moisturized and prevents the loss of moisture. Humectants work well in anti-aging products as the loss of moisture can cause sagging, wrinkly skin.
Antibacterial. The mild antibacterial properties in beeswax makes it an excellent facial product. It's anhydrous nature also keeps oils and butters together in balms and naturally protects a bit against oxidation.
Natural moisturizer. Beeswax is a natural moisturizer that will leave skin hydrated, soft, and supple.
Anti-inflammatory. The anti-inflammatory properties in beeswax will soothe the skin and reduce any redness (i.e. acne infections).
- Collagen booster.The vitamin A in beeswax helps to form collagen which can help to heal your scars.
A VARIETY OF BEESWAX BENEFITS FOR SKIN
The many incredible beeswax benefits for skin include:
- Forms a protective layer on your skin while still allowing the skin to breathe.
- Keeps skin at its natural balance by keeping it from drying out and controlling the oils on your skin.
- Protects skin from environmental stressors (smoke, toxins, and chemicals in the air).
- Doesn’t block pores, yet creates a barrier over the skin.
- Has vitamin A which helps to heal scars from acne and stretch marks.
- Helps with skin cell regeneration.
- Removes blackheads by clearing the pores.
- Reduces inflammation on the skin.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce swelling caused by bacteria.
- Contains antiseptic properties that keep the skin clean and free from bacteria.
- Stops itching from skin rashes.
- Is anti-allergenic, which makes it good for sensitive skin.
- Is a natural moisturizer.
- Locks in moisture to prevent your skin from drying out.
Unbelievably, beeswax skincare products can keep your skin in peak condition with regular use. Choose a natural skincare product with all the benefits of beeswax for intense moisturizing for a youthful radiance.
SHOP HERBAL DYNAMICS BEAUTY PRODUCTS WITH BEESWAX